As a wedding photographer, I’ve run into this question more than once “How do you tie a bow tie?”. Whether you’re getting ready for an engagement shoot, wedding or just dressing to impress – I hope this video helps you out step by step!
How to Tie a Bow Tie | Step by Step
1. Place the bow tie around your neck
– make sure that one side is longer than the other.
2. Cross & Loop
– cross the long side over the shorter side and loop it underneath.
– pull both ends and tighten as desired.
– leave the longer side over your shoulder.
4. Fold a bow & pinch
– grab the shorter side, and fold so that it looks like a half bow.
– hold this fold with your index finger to hold in place, while you reach for the longer side resting on your shoulder.
5. Long side over half bow
– As you keep your half bow in place with your index finger, place the longer side down the center of the bow,
6. Fold and feed through the loop behind the Bow
– Take that long side hanging down the middle of the bow and fold.
– Once you’ve folded the piece, pass it through the loop formed behind the bow
7. Pull & Tighten
– pull the fold from the other end of that loop & adjust for that perfect fit!
– adjust by pulling the sides of the bow.